Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pet-a-Palooza!

Today we took Kumo to Pet-a-Palooza at Rusch Park. There were tons of booths for everything from pet rescues to pet supplies/accommodations. And of course several radio station booths. Many people made out like bandits with huge bags stuffed with freebies from each of the booths. Barenaked Ladies and Alex Band had a free concert too (missed that).


Kumo saw Genki from his meetup group and had a good tousle with him in a clearing between booths. They played like they were best buddies and attracted a lot of attention from people nearby.



While there, we got asked about Kumo a LOT. He got mistaken for a variety of different breeds...


Is that a...
Basenji
We had one lady say, "What a beautiful Basenji! I had three. They're such wonderful dogs."





((-________-'' Sure you did lady...))


^__^; Actually, he's a shiba inu.


Fox

"He looks just like a fox!"

"He looks wild like a fox! Should you be keeping him as a pet?"




o______O;; Yes, he does have cute fox-like features. In fact, that was one of the many things that attracted me to shiba inus. But he is not a fox. Please stop freaking out.. He's very friendly and well-behaved.




Shitzu

^O^ "Oh look! A shitzu!" 


 




 


**>____O What?! I'm... not really sure how anyone could confuse a shiba with a shitzu... but this was the second time someone asked that. 






Akita







^___^ At least people who ask if he's an akita puppy are in the right ballpark! Same origin and related.





2 comments:

  1. The basenji comment really annoys me. Only because of that one woman who was practically screaming at me because I didn't know my own dog. I remember her fat mouth jiggling as she was yelling "I've owned three basenjis and I know a basenji when I see one"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a shiba in person before but I know them (yes.. have confused the same color akita for a shiba but never the other way around) and my friend had 2 basenji .. I don't think they look alike.

    ReplyDelete